NSSA Target Definitions – Targets may be registered with NSSA outside a scheduled skeet shoot. These alternatives are: Targets Only, Monthly Targets and League Targets. Complete target definitions are available on the NSSA website.
- Targets Only – Targets shot in increments of 50 or 100 on the day of a registered shoot.
- Monthly Targets – Targets shot during the month at a specific club in increments of 50 or 100 for the purpose of acquiring lifetime targets, fulfilling annual minimum requirements, establishing classification, and for fun. NSSA members must include the Club Number and Monthly Target Shoot Number on the Monthly Target Report Form each month.
- League Targets – Targets shot during a regularly scheduled club skeet league.
Rules - A brief summary of NSSA Rules related to registered events is listed below. Members are responsible for knowing the current NSSA Rules. Questions should be directed to the HSSA Chief Referee.
- Events that qualify for NSSA registered targets must be scheduled with NSSA and a notice made available to members.
- A NSSA qualified event must have a minimum of 50 targets in a specified gauge (NSSA Rules pg 13).
- Each shooter shall bear the responsibility of promptly and accurately submitting his/her score with date and proper gauge division at the conclusion of the event in which the scores shall be registered with NSSA (NSSA Rule V-B-1-a pg 49).
- NSSA Classification is based upon the average of the past five events in each gauge shot during the previous three years and the current year.
- Any NSSA member without a classification may enter any event as a Non-Classified shooter.
- Any winner of the HSSA State Championship must have a valid NSSA Classification and qualify as an HSSA member to represent our state at the NSSA Champion of Champions event in San Antonio, TX.
Fees - An NSSA Registration Fee of $0.03 per target must be paid to the Head Referee or Shoot Director at SRGC or KHSC on the day of the event for each 50 ($.150) or 100 ($3.00) targets in each gauge or doubles.
Records – The current registered target data and classification for each member may be accessed on the NSSA website. A password will need to be established to enable access to the information. Go to:
- Member Information >
- Member Lookup >
- By Name or NSSA Number >
- Show Member’s Data