Skeet Shoot Series at SRGC- Registered target events are usually held on Saturdays and/or Sundays from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm at Schofield Rod & Gun Club. Always bring the HPD registration for every gun transported onto the army base. Members may bring guests to register on the day of the event. Shooters are responsible for submitting the $0.03 per target NSSA registration fee and score sheet to the Shoot Director on the day of the event. It is important to note that U.S. Army Range Control may close the Skeet Range without notice. Call SRGC Shoot Director / OIC to confirm status of skeet range if you have any concerns or need directions (Do not call Range Control). GPS coordinates for entry to SR-5 are: Lat: 21.485098 and Lng: 158.109548.
Monthly Targets at SRGC (15380) - Monthly Targets may be submitted directly to NSSA by members this year. Shooters are responsible for submitting scores in increments of 50 or 100 on the Monthly Target Report Form along with $0.04 per target fee for registration to NSSA at the end of each month during January – September. The Monthly Target Shoot Number for each month will be posted in the Home page.
REMINDER – Always bring the HPD Registration for every shotgun whenever you enter the Lyman Gate. Security checks are performed at random.
The dates for the 2013 events are as follows:
- Jan. 19-21 John Shima Skeet Clinics
- Feb. 17 President’s Open (2×100 – 12g & 20g)
- Mar. 17 Lucky Open (5×50)
- Mar. 29-31 John Shima Skeet Clinics
- Apr. 21 April Showers Open (2×100 – 28g & .410)
- May 18 Island Hopper (2×100 – 12g & 20g)
- June 28-30 Hawaii State Championships (5×100)
- Jul. 20-21 Hibiscus Open (4×100)
- Aug. 18 Sand Bagger Open (5×50)
- Sep. 14 & 15 Orchid Open (5×100)
- Oct. 20 Last Chance Targets (any gauge)
Notice – Shoot dates at SRGC are always subject to change due to orders from Range Control. Contact HSSA Secretary (George Wessberg) to confirm event status.
Targets Only – Monthly Targets count toward life time registered targets and will be used to calculate current averages for NSSA classification just as if they were shot in a registered event. Monthly targets may be shot on more than one day during the month and there is no limit to the number of targets submitted each month.
Koko Head Skeet Club Event Schedule These shoots are not HSSA sanctioned. Participants must enter at least two (2) monthly shoots to qualify for Annual KHSC Championships.
- Mar. 3 KHSC 20g (100)
- Apr. 7 KHSC 12g (100)
- May 5 KHSC 20g (100)
- Jul. 7 KHSC 12g (100)
- Aug 31 KHSC Annual Shoot (20g-100 & .410-50)
- Sep. 1 KHSC Annual Shoot (12g-100 & Dbls-50)
Hawaii State Skeet Championship - The State Championship is sanctioned by HSSA and will be held at Schofield Rod & Gun Club. Anyone may participate in the event. A trophy fee will be assessed at time of registration for “unqualified” shooters that wish to be eligible for awards. Only HSSA members with the following qualifications may be declared state champion:
- Resident of Hawaii or active duty military permanently stationed in Hawaii.
- Current NSSA Card and valid Classification for each event. Classification is established by average of scores of registered targets in last five events (minimum of 50 targets per event in each gauge and doubles) shot during the past three years and the current year.